how to get there?
FABFUSE#4 will be held at De WAR, home to FabLab Amersfoort. A route description can be found here.
The nearest airport is Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, which has a direct connection to Amersfoort by train 2 times per hour (takes 45 mins at €9,70).
connects many places in Europe with a bus service to Utrecht, from
which a quarterly train service connects to Amersfoort (takes 15 mins at
International train connections can be found here.
where to stay?
accomodation at walking distance:
We can accommodate a few people privately. Please let us know if you
are on a very tight budget, or if you have a space to offer...
things to contribute
Fabfuse is a conference for and by the visitors. Do you want to contribute but are not sure how to? Here's a few ideas to get you going:
- give a presentation or a workshop at the conference
- write summaries of talks, or help to organise the overall documentation of the conference
- record the lectures during the conference, or edit them afterwards
- organise a creative boot camp in your garden and invite other participants to join you, share the results in a presentation at the conference
- open your homes to the couch surfing participants
- share your cooking skills in the FabFuse soup kitchen
- help us create community tools to aid communication between the participants
- start a crowdfunding campaign to help cover the costs of infrastructure
- create and present art/software/other creative works that communicate this years theme